ELM Leaf Beetle chemical sprays
An insecticide is sprayed onto the foliage using a pressurised spray unit to reach as much of the canopy as possible.
- Instant results, stops ongoing Elm leaf damage immediately
- Can be used on most small to medium trees - works best on trees less than 10 - 12m tall
- If the timing is correct a single application can provide a good level of protection for a full season
- Cheaper initial outlay than longer term Elm Beetle treatments - expect to pay $140 - $190
- Over spray - the chemicals used vary in toxicity however it is worth remembering that they are insecticides and designed to kill Elm leaf beetles and any other insects they contact; over spray may kill not only Elm Beetle but ladybirds, butterflies, dragonflies, fish, beneficial wasps etc.
- Extreme caution must be taken and appropriate protective equipment used (as with all chemical treatments)
- Needs to be applied at least once a year and more if all leaf damage is to be avoided
- Expensive in the long term
- Will not reach the top of very tall trees. No treatment will repair the damage to leaves already done by beetles in a given season
Phone: 03 8644 8005
© Copyright 2018 Treetec - Tree Arborist / Ecologist Melbourne | We service Victoria, NSW, SA, QLD and Tasmania for tree and ecology consulting, chainsaw courses and Occupational Health and Safety. Our local area for tree treatements such as Elm Leaf Beetle includes all areas of Melbourne and country Victoria, Dandenong Ranges, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, Shire of Yarra Ranges. Not to be confused with Treetech or Tree tech or treetec.com.au