Treetec is an arboricultural and ecological company with specialist skills in canopy-based research, ecological survey and assessments as well as ecological restoration and habitat creation.
As such, our team includes specialists in both the arboriculture and ecology fields. We undertake ecological restoration and habitat creation, nest box installation & monitoring, camera trap surveys, long-term monitoring, project management, botanical surveys, data analysis and consulting.
Clients include DEECA (previously DELWP), VicTrack, Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research (ARI), La Trobe University, Parks Victoria, Zoos Victoria, VicRoads, WSP Australia, MRPV, VPA, Melbourne Water and various councils.
Treetec has a strong reputation, working efficiently to safely deliver client outcomes. We bring together specialist people, equipment and resources as needed.
If you believe you would suit the positions advertised below please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information phone: 03 8644 8005
Botanist / Senior Botanist
Treetec has an excellent opportunity for a proven Botanist to join our dynamic team of Ecologists and Arborists in Melbourne. This role offers both field and desktop-based working, contributing to a wide variety of interesting and diverse projects.
In collaboration with the team:
- Planning and implementation of:
- Baseline ecological surveys.
- Targeted flora and fauna surveys.
- Fauna habitat assessments.
- Surveying and mapping of vegetation and threatened ecological communities.
- Data compilation and management skills, including basic GIS.
- Preparing project reports in line with relevant contract/agreement ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
You should have:
- A tertiary qualification or substantial demonstrable skills/experience in Botany.
- Extensive plant identification skills throughout Victoria including use of dichotomous keys (e.g VicFlora).
- Victorian manual driver’s license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workplace OH&S.
- A solid understanding of commonwealth, state and local government environmental regulations and their application as well as relevant industry standards, practices and approvals processes.
The following would be an advantage:
- An understanding of the principles of Habitat Hectare assessments (VQA accreditation).
- Flexibility to stay away and undertake field work.
- Experience developing and managing research projects.
- Experience writing tender submissions/applications.
- 4wd training and chainsaw operation certifications.
Arboricultural Team Leader / Consultant
Treetec is seeking an experienced Consulting Arborist to work with us.
Primarily this position would be a consulting role whilst also overseeing the team to maintain and improve quality. We aim to deliver a professional, timely service including reports that are consistent, objective and succinct.
The role would suit someone who is able to work independently, appreciates work flexibility and an adherence to arboricultural standards. $85k + negotiable. Hours, and duties would be negotiated to suit the right person.
Treetec is also involved in a range of activities including training and canopy access for ecology, there are opportunities to work in these fields if interested.
Treetec does not generally take on tree removal work, we do however have a strong team of canopy access specialists for a range of work – primarily ecological. These projects include nest box placements, habitat stag creation, introduced cavities, scientific canopy based data collection.
We are always interested in knowing good climbers who climb safely, present well and work well in small teams – often staying in remote locations. Particularly those with an interest in biodiversity and the environment.
Arboricultural & Ecological work – Partnering with Treetec
Treetec undertakes various projects that may require extra personnel, this may be arborists, ecologists and other specialists such as zoologists, climbers or engineers, usually on a short term contract basis or an ongoing arrangement. If this is of interest please feel free to email your details.
We are seeking a suitably qualified instructor to periodically deliver chainsaw training.
We sometimes work in conjunction with other companies, organisations and individual arborists and ecologists on various projects and are always happy to discuss these types of partnerships.
The work undertaken is often seasonal including specialised climbing jobs, large scale tree survey work and chemical treatments such as for Elm Leaf Beetle. Ongoing we prepare domestic arborist reports, hazard tree audits and hazard tree inspections / reports, installing nest boxes and habitat into trees and other specialist canopy access work.
When larger projects are on we require people who can work unsupervised or within a team, manage their own projects and deliver the safest most professional client outcomes.