ELM Leaf Beetle Treatment
An insecticide is mixed with water and injected into the ground around the tree, the tree takes up the chemical through the roots and delivers it to the leaves where the Elm beetles and larvae ingest it. One treatment usually lasts for 3 years. We have a 2 year guarantee.
Many of our clients successfully run a 4 or 5 year cycle with soil injection, this can depend on the movement of beetles in the area and takeup factors. If your tree is not bieng significnatly impacted we suggest you delay treatment.
Advantages - soil injection
- A very targeted treatment method with no over spray as with foliage sprays
- soil injection for Elm Beetle is long lasting: usually 3 years
- The level of beetle control is very effective given the right conditions
- There is no damage to the tree structure or garden as with a stem injection treatment which creates permanant wounds and the spread of decay in the trunk
- Economical compared with annual treatments such as spraying
- Makes additional water available to the tree
- 2 year guarantee on treatment - if the treatment is not working adequately we re-inspect and do a follow up treatment at no extra cost
- Requires more chemical to be used than trunk injection, the less chemical that is pushed out into the environment the better.
- Elm Leaf Beetle Treatment via the soil has a lag time of some weeks (5 approx), therefore treatment is carried out prior to the tree coming into leaf or a foliar spray can be done at the same time (when tree is in leaf) to cover any time lapse
- Root zones of some target trees are not accessible, they may be under driveways or paved areas
- Organisms in the soil, such as worms, in the immediate area of soil injection may be harmed or killed
- Cannot be used adjacent to water bodies due to toxicity
- In dry conditions the soil may require additional water however this added water is good for the general health of the Elm tree
Phone: 03 8644 8005
Soil injection / treatment handle unit.
© Copyright 2014 Treetec - Tree Arborist / Ecologist Melbourne | We service Victoria, NSW, SA, QLD and Tasmania for tree / ecology consulting, chainsaw courses and Occupational Health and Safety. Our local area for tree treatements such as Elm Leaf Beetle includes all areas of Melbourne and country Victoria, Dandenong Ranges, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, Shire of Yarra Ranges. Not to be confused with Treetech or Tree tech or treetec.com.au